Not that anyone really cares about my new knee except me, but I am excited and a little bit nervous about this operation!
WHY AM I EXCITED?
- I have needed this done for over 12 years. Originally docs told me I was too young and to wait until I could not stand the pain anymore.
- I have finally reached my pain limit and it is time to do this – NOW!
- I will now have time to write, write, write and read, read, read!
- I need some time off to “relax” doing what I love to do – write.
- I can stay in my jammies all day if I want to – make breakfast when I feel like it and don’t have to rush off to the office.
WHY AM I NERVOUS?
- I don’t like pain and I know I am still going to have some until I get healed up completely.
- I might go crazy staying home all the time and not being able to get up and go whenever I feel like it.
- I have down-sized my business so that I can handle everything from home and I have ALWAYS worked. This will be a whole new concept for me – just doing whatever I want, whenever I want. Kind of sounds like fun – – but I’m not sure!
- I have never spent every waking moment with my husband – am I ready for this?
- I’m retirement age – how did that happen? I think it sneaked up on me and caught me off guard.
So there it is folks – retirement, relaxation at home??? and surgery. Just what we all have been striving for since we started working. Except for the surgery part. Everyone I have talked with tells me that I will be glad I got the surgery done and that I will be up and around in no time (6 weeks).
We will see how much I enjoy all of this.
I will keep you updated!